Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation: PASS or YASS? (Review)

Hey folks!😍


After so many of you requested this, I did not want you to wait any longer until I get my life together.💁

So this post is dedicated to the super hyped Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Longwear Liquid Foundation.

Let's start with some facts about my skin:

  • I'm usually an oily-skinned girl, but lately, because of the temperature drop (it's cold af) here in Luxembourg, my skin has become more of a combination skin, meaning: I still get a little oily on my T-zone, but my cheeks are mainly dry.
  • I do have quite enlarged pores on my cheeks, mainly on the sides of my nose.
  • I don't have a lot of impurities like pimples, etc, yet I have some blackheads on my nose
  • I do have some dark spots on my face, which I usually have to color correct if I want a super flawless face, these are mainly around my mouth, chin area and on my left cheek.
Hopping over to some facts about the foundation:

  • 24 shades available / if you own the UD Naked Skin Foundation: the shades are exactly the same
  • $40 / 37 is quite expensive. 
  • You'll get 1 fl. oz / 30ml, which is a standard foundation size.
  • Claims: full coverage, waterproof, lasts all night, matte finish, oil free, 'diffuses light to blur flaws for beautifully perfected skin
SO.BEAUTIFUL.DAMN.

Random facts:
  • I got shade 5.0 'medium with soft warm undertone'  - It oxidizes!! So maybe get a shade lighter than you'd usually go for, because it will become slightly darker once it sets.
  • Application: Brush (I used a round top buffing brush, the Zoeva Face Brush) = medium to full coverage / Beautyblender = light to medium coverage (I do not recommend a Beautyblender for the full face application, because it doesn't blend the foundation out quite as perfectly as a brush does)
  • NOT transfer-proof; will transfer onto clothes. Once it mixes with the oils of your skin (ergo once you start getting a little oily) it will also come of slightly if you touch your face with your hands.
  • The bottle is pure art, soooo beautiful!😍
  • There is a pump. YES.
  • One pump is more than enough for your whole face. Trust me.
  • It is waterproof - I swear if you swatch it on the back of your hand, that swatch will stay there for a while except if you rub on it with a lot of soap.
  • it smells kind of fresh, maybe a little like a moisturizer? I really don't know I'm bad at describing a scent haha.

Enough smalltalk let's focus on the real reason why you're here: 

The actual review.


I did try this foundation with different primers just to see how they hold up. 
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector: some fading after about 5 hours on my cheeks, nose and chin, and almost completely gone after 8 hours. My dry patches on my chin were accentuated quite heavily. I only got a little bit oily on my nose but nothing too noticeable. 

  • Lancôme Pore Eraser + Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: oily nose after about 8hours, little bit of fading but really just the tiniest bit on my cheeks, dry patches were accentuated but less than with the Becca primer. It gave me an overall dewy, healthy look after 8 hours. Yes u read that right - it was still on by then! YAY!

  • L'Oréal Nude Magique Blur Cream + Gerard Cosmetics Slay all day Setting Spray: I did not get oily at all! It was still fully on after 8 hours, looked smooth, gave me a dewy, healthy overall look. The only downside was that there was some slight build-up around my nose area but really nothing major, and this could have also been because of my concealer. My dry patches were less noticeable than with the two primers I tried before this one. ABSOLUTE YAS.
this is how it help up after a solid 8 hours with the last combo (L'Oréal & GC Setting Spray) and I promise that this picture is 100% not retouched. I did not even adjust lighting or saturation or anything. This is just how great the foundation looked.


Okay so after we found out that I'm in love with the way it held up:

Does it live up to its claims?

Well as stated before in my random facts, you can kind of adjust the coverage, so if you put on 2 layers with a brush, you will have a full coverage face, with only one layer you have a good medium coverage.
I would say that it's waterproof, but I honestly didn't dip my face in a pool or anything like that so ya. It is, however, sweat-proof.
It does not set matte in my opinion, it's more like a semi-matte.
Lasts all night? Well if you put on the right primer it can last you a really long time. I have rarely experienced a foundation that still looked as good after 8 hours as this one.
'It diffuses light to blur flaws', well no not really. It's more like if you build it up it will hide flaws, but this does not look natural. Just saying. People will be able to tell you're wearing a foundation, because nobody has such perfect skin naturally. This does not mean that it looks cakey or heavy, no it's a really lightweight formula and looks quite 'natural' for the amount of coverage you get.
You always have to keep in mind that this is, after all, a high coverage foundation and so it can not be as invisible as your daily BB or CC cream.



Do you have to buy it?

This is quite a hard question. It did remind me a lot of my Revlon Colorstay, which I will always love, but then again, this has better coverage, and I think it does stay put just a little bit longer.
The bottle is so beautiful, you could just use it as an art piece.
But then again, the price really is a downside. 
Even though I do think that this is a truly great foundation, I don't think you absolutely need this in your life.
It's practical as it can give you a really high amount of coverage in a short amount of time, but then again, you can build up other foundations, use concealer, etc.
So I don't really know how to answer this question. You really have to see for yourself. Maybe you can go and ask for a sample at Sephora, they do sometimes give you a few pumps in a little jar if you ask nicely.



Conclusion:

I really enjoy this foundation. I love the amount of coverage. I love the way it sits and looks on my skin and how it keeps my oils at bay.
I don't think that this is too great for drier skin, as it accentuated my dry patches. (BTW: I also tried using this with the Too Faced HangoverX Primer to see if it'd help with the dry patches becoming less noticeable, but it didn't really help.)
But this should be a gem for all my oily/combination skin friends out there!



And there you go. If you happen to have any other questions about this product, don't hesitate to contact me I always love to help where I can!

Looove,
xx nathi😘

Comments

  1. I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
    curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or
    call/whatsapp +2348155227532
    he also have #herbs for
    #hiv/aids
    #cancerdisease
    #fibroid
    #diabetes
























    I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
    curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or
    call/whatsapp +2348155227532
    he also have #herbs for
    #hiv/aids
    #cancerdisease
    #fibroid
    #diabetes



























    I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
    curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or
    call/whatsapp +2348155227532
    he also have #herbs for
    #hiv/aids
    #cancerdisease
    #fibroid
    #diabetes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your favourite posts: